Monday, February 28, 2011

Stampin' Up Pendant


I went to a Rubber Stamp fair last weekend. It is fun to see what new kinds of products are out there. I saw a booth that made pendants using washi paper and glass tiles. I thought that I could do the same thing with Designer Series Paper and the Beveled Windowpanes from the Occasions Mini. I attached the paper to the windowpane using Crystal Effects. Once it was dry, I used an exacto knife to cut the slits in the paper to thread the ribbon through. I purchased the loop for the top, and I can either use a chain or some matching ribbon to complete the necklace. With all of the beautiful Designer Series Papers that Stampin' Up carries, the possibilities are unlimited! (I used the medium sized windowpane for this project. It is 1 x 1 1/4". I used the Springtime Village Designer Series Paper)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so excited to see this idea. My crafting has broadened into jewelry and when we used the beveled glass on cards I fell in love with them!!! I immediately began to think about using them as a pendant. And now here they are - can't wait to try it!! This one looks great!! Seed beads that match the paper would make a beautiful necklace to set it off!!!