Thursday, April 1, 2010

Mini photo album



I saw a cute video on how to make a mini photo album using coin envelopes. It was on Jan Tink's blog, and also on Splitcoaststampers.com. Here is the link to her blog that you can paste into your browser:
http://stampspaperscissors.typepad.com/stamps_paper_scissors/2010/03/the-teeny-tiny-scrapbook.html.

Anyway, I didn't have any coin envelopes, so I decided to change things up quite a bit and make my version of this little album. So far I haven't gotten around to decorating the inside pages, but I wanted to share it before I forgot about it. On the outside cover, I used rub-ons for the designs. I basically used the scalloped bag die and cut the top and bottom edges and placed an accordion pleat between them to attach the inner cards to on the inside. I used the hugs die cut cards from the Occasions mini to be the pages. I just trimmed a little off of the edge at the bottom (about 1/2 inch) so it would attach smoothly to the pleat, and also so it would fit into the album.
I am planning to add a little something on the front on top of the scallop and, of course, decorate the inside. Your suggestions are also welcome!

Thanks for looking and have a great day!

No comments: