Monday, December 7, 2009

Advent Calendar for Caleb


This is the Advent Calendar I made for my little grandson, Caleb, who is
1 1/2. I had been working on it since September or October and needed to have it finished so that I could give it to my daughter when she came at Thanksgiving with her family. I decided to take off the big gold snowflake on the top and just have the snowmen up there. I gave her a bag of M & M's so that she could put a few in each drawer for Caleb to have each day. I wish I could be there to see his face as he opens the drawers. She did tell me that he stares up at it on the mantle. As he gets older, we can find some small gifts to put in the drawers to make it even more fun. Ah, what joy to have a grandchild. Now if they just lived a little closer by.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what a sweet post Annette! I think grandchildren are treasures for all the hard work we put into raising their parents! Have agreat day! Hugs~Donna